It is that time again. Time to brag about my achievements and mourn on my lows. Here is it 2015 in one post:
- During 12 months, I traveled to Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy. Montenegro. Norway, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the Vatican, Turkey, and Indonesia. 16 countries which 11 of them I have never visited before. So kudos for my thirst for being globe-trotter. The highlight was Norway and Iceland. I really like the nature of those two countries/
- My writing about “12 moron things that I am used to believe (as a Christian)” was viral. There was even one day where there were more than 130k people read it. It was a bitter sweet for me. Yes I love that my writing got attentions but on the other hand the mean comments were indeed mean. Hahhaha. Because of this writing I was also interviewed by one Indonesian magazine. Def a new experience for me. 🙂
- I was promoted! Wohoo! Wrote about my dillema on choosing between two choices on this writing. But finally I chose to stay in three stripes, was promoted, and the good news: they did not give me any penalty policy if I leave the company later on. Also got a UX certification from Nielsen Norman Group after one week training in London. Quite nice since my company paid for this overpriced training
- Traveled around Europe with my family. My mother, two sisters, brother in law, nephew, and niece. It was such a good time. Although on the last day, something terrible happened to us. I wrote this as a post-contemplation writing after the accident.
- Worked with my three other friends from London, Paris, and Singapore to create jendela. We won hackathon merdeka 3.0 for this application. quite proud of this.
- Failed in building a relationship. So still single for the whole 2015. Poor Yoel. :p
- So many depression moments I experienced in 2015. Maybe one of the darkest year I’ve ever had. Even though 2016 maybe worse.
- Was very close to one of my dream jobs in a dream city but was fail after the final step.
- Failed on the only 2015 year resolution I had: learn German
- Did not finish reading many books. Social media, netflix, youtubes and online streaming movies really kill my bookworming activities.
so 2016, please be nice to me. I don’t want to die young or kill myself. Prost!